The Versatile Blogger Award!

My 'Versatile Blogger' stamp from Karen (Feb 2012)
Thank you so much to the kind Karen from shinigami-u-openingmymind for the Versatile Blogger Award! Apologies for the delay of this post as it has taken a while for me to plough through the mass of blogs that I follow. As part of the acceptance of this award I am required to disclose 7 facts about myself and then pass the award on to other fellow bloggers.

So here goes the 7  facts about me:
  1. One of the things I love is travelling, and one of my goals is to do a proper world trip covering all seven continents! So far I have only managed to travel to four continents and visited about 15 countries....but fingers crossed I will be able to do my world tour before I mature at a ripe 50 years of age.
  2. Although I am not a great dancer, I do love dancing! In my girlhood I learned the traditional Chinese fan dance, then I took some classes in salsa a few years ago, belly dancing about a year ago and now I am learning ballet! 
  3. I come from a family that has a great love of music and singing. When I was growing up, one of our favourite family activities was kareoke in our living room after dinner or during family gatherings, and I was a soprano in the school choir until the age of 17 years.
  4. I am hopelessly lost when it comes to maths, finding and giving directions to places....so I am eternally thankful to the invention of the calculator and GPS! (PS: Apologies to the ones who have, and God Bless the ones who will...either ask me to count or want directions to some location!)
  5. My favourite subjects at school were English and Sociology, then at university my favourite module became human rights. Partly to do with winning first place in the region of London in a human rights youth poetry competition called the Right Idea, organised by Amnesty International, but mostly because I was intrigued by the concept of human rights.
  6. My favourite flowers are tulips because they are out-rightly simple, purely vibrant in colour and stubbornly resilient in nature.  
  7. The iconic heroes that I look up to and find inspirational in life include Margaret Thatcher and Coco Chanel.
And now for the passing the baton bit.......there are quite a few blogs that I love and enjoy following, but since it is about being 'versatile', I hope that my choice of blogs would stay true to this category. So I would like to pass on the 'Versatile Blogger Award' to the following lovely bloggers:

Each of the blogs named above offer something different and interesting to the blog sphere I have been getting to know, and it is exactly their non-one-dimensional perspective that is valuable to enrich the lives of others. Please keep up the good work and continue to blog, as it is your diverse versatility that should be celebrated and learned from....you brighten up the blog sphere!
The few little dots I have collected across the globe so far!

Now to catch up on what I have been up to recently! Some of you darlings may have noticed the little addition of *London HOT-SPOTS* to my posts recently.....it was actually a suggestion from my friend Linda that I should do special posts on the interesting new venues we discover on nights out in London. Being the mini-explorer, who likes discovering new places and planning nights out to places I have never been to before hand, I have been lucky enough to discover some interesting gems and I think it would be a pity for others not to know about them! So if you ever need inspiration of where to go in London or just want to try something new, do feel free to click on the London Hotspots label: *London HOT-SPOTS* It may not guarantee a faultless outing, as we all have different ideas or perspectives of what constitutes an amazing past time, but it might just offer a new experience now and then. There will probably be more posts on London Hotspots soon as I have a few parties, from birthday to hen, lined up in my calendar! Have a fabulous weekend darlings!


Until the next time,
May xx

Follow on Bloglovin 
Follow on Google+
Follow on Twitter
Follow on Pinterest